Logo redesign for non for profit organization "Animal Dialogue".
"Animal Dialogue" works with other online and offline animal rights organizations to enhance animal welfare in world wide.
Three main requirements from the client for the redesign project:
1. There should be no animal figures on the primary logo, which goes with the organization's official name "Animal Dialogue".
2. Since they are starting translating articles from English to Chinese on Wechat, the most popular social media app in Chinese speaking communities, I would also need to make an individual logo for their Chinese followers.
3. They still want an elephant showing up somewhere in their new logo system.
1. Combining the First letters (A and D) of the two words "Animal Dialogue", while leaving the negative space as a shape of a dialogue box, which echoes to its name "Animal Dialogue". And of course, keep the main logo simple, clean, and easy to recognize and remember.
2. Redesign the elephant figure (more recognizable and dense) and make it the logo for Chinese community.
One of the follow-up projects: animal logo (or icon) design based on the primary logo. As you can see below, they share the same frame shape, and also there are positive-negative space approaches (how the animal figures are formed, like the dialogue box) involved.